What ages may play HSBB?
- Three – five year olds play T-ball, no pitching involved.
- 5-14 year old boys play baseball, the younger ones have coach pitch, older boys pitch themselves. (Helmets provided)
- Girls play softball. Teens play co-ed softball. (see next question)
May I move my child to a different field?
- If you don’t want your daughter to play co-ed, she may play on the older girls’ softball field. Ages vary season to season depending on the amount of players we have. Generally the cut-off age is 13 or 14 years old.
- A space is on the registration form to indicate whether your older son wants to play co-ed or boys’ baseball.
- If your child is more skilled or less skilled than his/her age group, s/he may move to the appropriate level field.
- Siblings close in age may play on the same field if desired. Please indicate which age group on the registration form.
What if my child has never played ball?
- That’s okay. Your child probably won’t be the only one who doesn’t know what s/he’s doing. The coaches will be very patient to teach them.
- This is NOT a competitive league. We learn and play for fun.
What equipment does HSBB provide?”
- Bats, balls, helmets, and catcher’s equipment
What do we bring with us?
- Your own glove
- Your own bats are optional.
What should we wear?
- Tennis shoes or cleats. Not flip-flops.
- Modest comfortable clothes
- Optional HSBB T-shirts are available for $5.00 Shirts are all the same – ash gray with hsbb logo
What is included in the registration price?
- End or season party
- Necessary equipment
- Coaches’ gifts
- T-shirts and hats are not included in this. They are $5 extra.
Where do I send the registration money?
Make checks out to HSBB or Pay Online
c/o Paige Nace
59 Poole Bridge Court
Hiram, GA 30141
What happens if it’s raining?
- You will be notified via email by 10:30 Tues. morning if the games are canceled.
- The staff is not home on Tues morning. Please do not call.
- If it begins raining while at the park, the decision is up to you whether to stay or not.
- At times, there are make-up games. This decision is determined by the Oregon Park officials. We will inform you as soon as we are aware of any make-up games. These games will be scheduled on subsequent Tuesdays at the end of the season.
What do we do on the first day when we get there?
- You will get a lengthy email by the Monday before the first day informing you where each child will be playing. Please read it carefully. If, due to human error committed by the staff, you do not receive that message, there will be a roster for you to see when you arrive.
- We meet at the gathering area near field #2 for the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag and a prayer each week.
- If you have not yet paid, you may see a staff member at the gathering area.
May I tell my friends?
- Yes, but tell them weeks before the season begins. Especially in the spring we are overflowing with players, and there will likely not be room for them if they come the first day having not yet registered. The fall season is not so full, but it is much less stressful to the staff if everyone is registered early.
Do we only play on Tuesdays?
- Yes. Practices and games are all the same day from 12:00 noon-2:00 pm. The players stay on the same field each week.