When you sign up for Homeschool Baseball or Homeschool Soccer, please indicate on the form which volunteer position(s) you’d be willing to fill. We need help from everyone to make these sports opportunities available for our children!
Parents with older children, please leave the less demanding positions (i.e. Team Mom, First Aid, etc.) for moms with younger children.
COACH/ASSISTANT COACH (male or female – no more than two of each)
WE NEED LOTS OF PEOPLE TO VOLUNTEER TO BE COACHES!
1. Be present at all games or make arrangements for a substitution.
2. Pick up all equipment on first game. Be responsible for taking care of it and bringing it to the games throughout the season.
3. Make team divisions at first game and determine the line-up for your team.
4. Require respectful, sportsman-like behavior from and between players.
5. Pray with your team before or after games as you see fit.
1. If coach needs you, help with the line-up and guiding children to their places and turns on the field.
2. Be available in case of accidents in order to locate parents and keep provided first-aid kit.
3. Require respectful, sportsman-like behavior from and between players on the field as well as in the dugout. Avert horseplay among younger players, including but not limited to: kicking sand, climbing on fences, pushing, shoving, etc.
4. Help clean up after games.
1. If you have first aid experience, be available during games in the event of an emergency. Basic first aid kit will be supplied and kept by each team mom.
2. Organize and put the correct sized balls, helmets, bats, etc. into the equipment bags and bring them to the park the first day. If possible, store equipment between seasons.
T-SHIRT COORDINATOR (one person – BASEBALL ONLY)
1. Order shirts
2. Pick them up at the printer
3. Bring them to distribute at the first several games. (A container is provided)
EQUIPMENT ORGANIZER (one person – BASEBALL ONLY)
1. Bring all the equipment to the first game and distribute to all the coaches.
2. Store equipment at your home between seasons.
LOST AND FOUND (one person)
1. Bring the lost and found box to the park every week and take it home with you after the last team finishes. At the end of the season turn over the box to Nancy so contents may be donated to charity.
2. Take photos of lost items and post on NWGA Homeschool Sports Facebook page to find the owners.